Wednesday 22 August 2018

Ion Age Retained Knight Noble

Quick and lazy post here, mostly copy/pasted from my Facebook page.

Found this part finished and stuffed in a tray of models recently. It's an Alternative Armies/Ion Age Retained Knight Noble in 28mm. I started it perhaps a couple of years ago, wasn't entirely happy with it and just put it to one side. Decided it was time to give him a new lease of life and get it finished off. I repainted a few things and retouched some scratches and chips.This model is a bit bigger than the regular knights and a fair lump of metal in comparison to a space marine of pretty much the same era (yeah, I know MK7 marine armour was in by then).





 I remember these models first being released in the very early 90's when they were sold as Free Company Crusaders. Loved the look of the armour but never got around to buying any until I bagged a bunch on Ebay a few years back.

At some point I'd like to paint up a full squad of these but I've got plans to paint more fantasy stuff so that will have to wait.

4 comments:

  1. I might have a look at grabbing some of these minis. They're full of detail! Lovely stuff as always Stone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great. A few duds in the range but over all a fantastic set of old school sculpts. Decent price per model too by todays standards.

      Delete
  2. Very nice! I quite like those models but have never picked any up... always thought about it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go one, grab a pack or two. ;) I'd forgotten all about them until I re-collected all the old issues of GMI magazine and saw the reviews of them.

      Delete