Sunday 10 February 2019

Crystal Elf Empire Garde officer

I've finally got around to painting something for myself again, another elf from Alternative Armies. This is a Garde officer to go with the spear armed elf from the previous post. It took far longer to get done than planned. I had hoped to have it done by about the end of December but as tends to happen each year around Christmas I crashed and burned and could not get into painting anything.

I made a slight alteration to the model as the sword blade is rather short, the tip being held in his hand in the original sculpt. It just didn't seem offensive enough for my liking so I took a spare metal spear shaft, flattened and shaped it and pinned it into his hand. A pretty simple conversion but I think it makes a big difference.



8 comments:

  1. Great painting work, and the conversion does not look like a conversion at all, it looks as it always should have been this way; the best sort of conversion. Very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I was quite pleased with the sword in the end. Sometimes it's the simplest tweak to a model that can make a difference.

      Delete
  2. Incredible painting as always - he looks really quite menacing with his longer blade too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting and smooth color transitions!!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete