Wednesday 19 December 2018

Crystal Elf Empire Garde Spearman

Another quick post of a single figure here. Hope these meagre posts aren't too dull (although the view count suggests they are). Anyway, I'm still very much keen on these Alternative Armies elves and this is a Garde spearman. Love the uniforms of these models. I ended up using quite a few different colours on this, the blue and yellow for the coat, green trim, red tassles and of course that bloody great pinky purple feather. All potentially could lead to a gawdy mess but I think keeping them quite muted has made it all work.


I've got a rather nice officer that I plan to do next, then there's another spearman variant but I might get sidetracked by a sorceress before that. More recently I acquired additional command models for these Garde so have a musician, standard bearer and a sergeant for sometime in the future. So much I want to paint and just not really the time to do it all. A familiar story I'm sure.

8 comments:

  1. The hat in the back is incredibly weird... but your painting is as smooth as usual. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. I suspect the hats have some sort of real world inspiration behind them but I'll admit I was a little surprised by the design when I first saw it.

      Delete
  2. I, for one, am really enjoying these painted minis. Not a range I was really familiar with and yours appear to be few of the painted examples online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them. Before starting these I had a look online for painted examples and only found a couple of pics on a blog after a lot of searching. Hope these inspire a few people to get some themselves because they're really nice models.

      Delete