Saturday 4 March 2017

Oldhammer goodness

I've been busy working on a handful of different models from Citadel's glory days. Always fun to do these kind of things and makes me want to get some of my own old models done. Anyway, on with the photo's...

First up there's Heinrich Kemmler, The Lichemaster.


This is my second version of this model as I got to paint one up a couple of years ago. My own copy is sitting undercoated and gathering dust. It reminds me of the old Spring '86 Citadel Journal I bought on my first visit to a GW store. The Vengeance of the Lichemaster campaign that was in there has stuck with ever since. If I had the time I'd love to paint up some stuff for that.

We've also got the wizard from the Adventurers Starter Set.


Skarloc from the wood elf set.


A fighter who appears in the Dungeonquest Heroes set under the name of Vikas Swordmaster but also can be found in the fighters range under a different name (spotted him in that old Journal!).


And finally a pair of Chaos Warriors, one being the classic Slambo. A nice coincidence that I got to paint him now what with GW releasing a modern version recently.





10 comments:

  1. Don't get to see you painting up many old minis Stone. Which is understandable, but it's great to see your brush skills being applied to these classic sculpts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get very few commissions for old stuff sadly. If I had more time to paint my own models though I'd certainly have plenty to show. ;)

      Delete
  2. Lovely, considering to buy the new slambo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new version is quite nice. I pre-ordered it along with the new Warhammer Quest game. Have to admit I was a little disappointed with the way the parts are attached to the sprue but the parts themselves are nicely cast.

      Delete
  3. My favorite is Skarloc. So smooth painting job. I lovev it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers :) I have my own Skarloc and his archers somewhere in the lead pile.

      Delete
  4. Superb! I had that wizard many years ago before I had a fit of absence of mind and got rid of all my old minis. I really like the earthy tones that you've used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know your pain. Wish I still had my Nurgle palanquin and orc man-mangler.

      Delete
  5. Brilliant! I love the Slambo and Scarloc in particular.

    ReplyDelete