A mere fortnight since my last post?! Looks like I'm on top of things for a change! Another batch of Norse here and a familiar colour scheme (well, shield design/colour scheme) to anyone who has been following along and can remember back to... a while ago. Red Box Games Norse and a pair of Hasslefree Norse types that fit in pretty well.
Originally I painted the shield of the male Hasslefree character entirely with metals and I planned to do the same with the female one too (I did the same on a previous paint job of that model). However, it just didn't look right. Looked a bit phoned in and didn't tie the model in with the RBG models. I went onto do a colour shield on the female fighter and that worked for me so I went back and repainted the male fighter's shield to match. Looks much better now. Sometimes you have to accept that something needs changing, take that 'D' in the 'A' and put the extra time in to produce something you're happy with.
Next up will be more random fantasy characters and I'm still trying to do more work on my Urban War colonial marines. Got a shock marine under way. Made several attempts at freehanding an insignia and failed every time last night so hopefully another day will prove successful. Once that's done I can do some wash work and weathering.