Tuesday 19 January 2021

Grenadier foot knights

 Given my lack of updates here I thought I'd take a look back at a few things I should have perhaps posted here but didn't. A few posts back I showed three old Grenadier foot knights I'd painted, two from the time and one from a year or two earlier. Well I had two additional knights prepared, all base coated and ready to start but they ended up just gathering dust. I eventually got around to doing them the other year so here they are.




Fantastic sculpts and a joy to paint. I also had another knight that I'd painted back around 2003 for an article in the long dead Harbinger magazine. Whilst I'd been selling off some of my old random painted figures I couldn't part with that model so decided to give him a retouch and add him back into the collection. He got rebased onto a round slotta as per my current whims and general distaste for square bases and I retouched a few things along with some added highlighting of his armour to fit my current style.



And of course there has to be a group shot of all the knights together. I've got more of these and one day I might get a few additional ones painted up.




10 comments:

  1. They are beautiful. Cheers, Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work. Those old Grenadier figures are lovely. I have a bunch of their barbarians and they're great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of Copplestone's Grenadier sculpts are really nice and his clean sculpting style makes them so paintable. Only got one barbarian but acquired a few wood elves in an Ebay job lot a few years ago.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree, they are beautiful sculpts. I have been using the figures for my new Wars of the Roses collection, unfortunately they are far dearer than they were originally, but still are worth the extra cash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just found out Forlorn Hope carry most of the range in the UK now. Pretty handy seeing as Mirliton are largely off the table for me now.

      Delete
  4. Great work. Round bases are the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, square bases might be practical for certain games but round ones just look so much better. I'll never get to play anything like WFB anyway.

      Delete
  5. First class painting, most impressive armors!

    ReplyDelete