Wednesday 4 April 2018

RBG Norse & things I forgot to post

As the title says, I've got more Red Box Games Norse models painted as part of an on going and quite large commission. This is a set of multipart models equipped with two hand weapons a piece. I'm not sure if these are currently available as they weren't in the RBG web store when I checked the other week. Could have been from a Kickstarter some time ago. Anyway, really powered through these to get them done in double quick time as there are more models waiting to be done for this army.



Then there are a couple of things that I forgot to post from previous weeks. There's another set of Copplestone Castings Tupi warriors from another casual on going commission. I've already done a few sets of archers and a set of chieftains. This time it's warriors with whatever those weapons are called.



Finally there's a pair of GW Black Library characters, Max Schreiber and Snorri. I've already painted Felix and Gotrek, and the female character whose name escapes me right now so these were commissioned to go with those models.



Both models were sent to me in original foil packs but there was a hilarious packing error with Snorri. I tore the top off the packet but rather than a violent dwarf being inside, two Cadian Lieutenants dropped out onto my desk top! Bemusing, hilarious and rather gutting for the owner. No chance of getting a replacement from GW on a 12 year old OOP model. Thankfully one was found on Ebay but was missing the base which I ended up cobbling together myself.


16 comments:

  1. Great work, esp. Max Schreiber's head/face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting! Must have been an awkward conversation, at least initially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too bad but the owner was rather gutted.

      Delete
  3. I love the base work on Snorri and Max. I've never been able to achieve texture that fine. Would you mind explainsex how you dod that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of Max's base is just the metal sculpted base top that came with the model. Snorri's is just sand. It's 'play' sand for kids so is quite fine.

      Delete
  4. What a terrible packing error! With such a rare model, you may have never found a replacement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's utterly bizarre. Not a different model from the same range or even another dwarf. Hard to imagine the lapse in concentration needed to screw up there. I'd guess it's more likely someone pissing about working on the packing line.

      Delete
  5. Great update!
    Love your job on Red Box stuff!

    But I think you should start the post with big warning about those tribal genitals... ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... thankfully they're not the best sculpted dicks in the world. Not even Facebook's auto recognition software spotted them! Now, a pair of tits or a bare arse on a female mini and they'd soon remove that.

      Delete
    2. Maybe try to paint some hair next time (how they were shaving btw? using stone blades?) just to check what's filter-bot opinion about it ;-)

      Delete
    3. Probably some sort of flint blade. Same thing they shave their heads and faces with. I don't know anything about Tupi peoples but I've never seen particularly hairy tribes people in documentaries and that. If you're going to war stark bollock naked then you may as well do it in style. ;)

      Delete
  6. Great stuff, and that packing error just highlights the incredible folly of buying toys and then never opening the packets to play with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does bizarrely state on the back of the packet that 'Contents may vary from those shown'. lol

      Delete