Sunday, 13 September 2015

Mordheim wizard & Tsuba RJW

It’s that time again where I try and convince everyone I’ve been busy painting. I’m still working on the Eldar Harlequins I mentioned in my last post. It’s painfully slow going though as the freehand patterns are a real time killer. To avoid going completely insane I had a little break and painted a Mordheim wizard. This is a nice hefty model and was a pleasant change to work on. The colour scheme is ripped straight from the studio paint job.


I also finished off the bases of the Tsuba Miniatures RJW stuff I painted the other week. Managed to squeeze in a machine gun team too. Got some cavalry command in the queue to do as well. Took a bunch of pics of everything but the mounted cavalry still look a bit washed out. Need to improve my lighting or have a bit of a fiddle with my camera. Things usually come out alright when the camera is in close but pulling back a bit to fit larger things in view is when the problems start.



13 comments:

  1. Stunning brushwork on all of these lovely figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting style and skills never cease to amaze me, this is a classic figure and you've painted it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta :)

      I wasn't familiar with the model until getting it to paint but it's certainly a good one.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely amazing. Would you mind sharing your receipe for the white clothes? Uncredibly smooth, I'm really jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Base coat of VMC Iraqui Sand, highlight with VGC Bonewhite then VMC Ivory and a little pure white for the edges. I added a little extra shading afterwards by mixing a little Vallejo Extra Opaque Heavy Brown (I think) into the Iraqui Sand. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot! I'm trying this soon :)

      Delete
  4. Stunning work on the 'lights' of the wizard. Fantastic grey beard and lovely contrast work on the light robe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding work on Nicodemus (particularly his wizened eyes & the freehand runes)!!! It's always nice to see Mordheim classics re-appear.

    May I ask how you based him?

    I need to create flagstone/cobble bases for a Frostgrave warband, but all the premade examples I've found are very bulky, with high profiles...

    Keep up the great painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers :)

      The base tiles were made from 1mm plastic sheet. Each tile cut out and edges filed to look worn. I filed some chips into the edges too and created some pits in the surfaces with a scalpel. Once they were glued in place I put a little putty between the tiles to soften the grooves but that might not always be necessary.

      Delete
    2. Wow. Impressive attention to detail.

      Thanks very much for sharing!

      I suppose if you want a job done right... ;)

      Delete