Saturday, 16 May 2015

Tupi & Punk

It’s that time of the week again!

First of all I notice I'm now just a few followers short of hitting triple figures! That will be a nice little milestone if I can pick up those extra few readers. Just have to make sure I don't piss anybody off eh?! ;-)

A couple of things to show from the past week. I painted up a set of Copplestone Castings Tupi archers. I know nothing about these guys but thankfully I was sent some reference material to guide me. They were a nice change with them being quite simple sculpts.


There was also a crust punk from Slow Death Games. I think it’s just the one model they have out at the moment but I think more are on the way. It’s a good clean sculpt and painted up well. I was a bit apprehensive about doing the tattoos as they’re not something I’ve done a great deal of, especially ‘proper’ looking tattoos rather than troll slayer-esque swirls. It was one of those things that I quickly realised was going to take longer than I’d planned but it needed to be done so I just said ‘fuck it’ and got on with it. I wasn’t sure what I was doing at first but after settling on a few staple clichés and getting the hang of doing the first few I found it a lot easier than expected.


In the ‘to do’ pile I’ve got some more Infinity models to crack on with next week to go with the Nomad faction. Going to be a busy week!
 

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Especially the Tupi warriors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb brushwork as always. I like the tattoo work too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job, love the Tupis!

    ReplyDelete