Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Tiger Corps (Mars Attacks)

I've been busy painting up a set of Mantic Games' Tiger Corps models from their Mars Attacks Kickstarter. These are bendy plastic so a bit of a hassle to clean up but other than that they're pretty good little models. Detail is good considering the material. It was fun to do these and I was glad in the end to be doing varied colour schemes as that kept things fresh for me. I love the different alien heads on them, especially the hammerhead looking guy and the green bug eyed one (black and red armour). I've showed a few of these on Facebook during the last week but here they all are, based up and ready for the tabletop (not my tabletop sadly).


9 comments:

  1. Wow...fantastic color choices! can you tell me what you used for the purple top on the female gun slinger in the top row? it would be a perfect color for my Bret General!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GW Khorne Red and a bit of black for the base coat. Highlighted with more Khorne Red and then added some VGC Stone Grey. Hope that helps :)

      Delete
    2. fantastic...thanks brother...

      Delete
  2. Very nice! Like the variety. I am not a regular pledger on kickstarter but couldnt help taking part in the fallen frontiers reboot campaign and now I am eagerly waiting for the game :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those paint jobs are fantastic. I particularly like the green-skinned alien with the red headset, and the brown one in the green (Boba Fett inspired?) suit. The only downside with some of the models is that they look like they belong in Ben 10...but that's just me spending too much time watching TV with my son ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... Not familiar with these, but they look like the old Alien Legion comic...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooow! Best painted TCorps I ve seen! Did U use just brushes for painting these???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, just good old fashioned hairy sticks! 00 and 000 sizes are my work horses. :)

      Delete