Sunday, 7 December 2014

Pan Oceania Infinity stuff done!

Job Done!


Had a bit of a fiddle with my camera before taking these pics. I've had a few minor problems with the focus on recent photo's and I'd never really figured out the depth of field thing either. Then the other day I read a comment from Agis in a thread over on LAF about changing the lense aperture to improve depth of field and it nudged me into going through my camera manual again. So with a few minor tweaks I think my pics have improved a bit. I also had to find a different background to my usual blue one so thought I'd try green. Coincidentally it matches the base tops!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice paintjob, and so clean! The red part of the Nisse's helmet is a good idea for green optics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting looks so good. Your application is so smooth, the figures look like porcelain. What's your secret to such a smooth finish? I know probably just diluted paints, but anything else? ie. tons of layers, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much that. Not a ridiculous amount of layers of colour though, just careful blending of each layer into the previous one. A good bit of matt varnish at the end helps too. ;)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely lovely paint job, don't suppose you would be kind enough to share which colours make up the blue? i've recently started a Pan'O force and i cant seem to settle on the right blues, yours however look excellent. i particularly like how vibrant the shading is, mine have been coming out too dark in the recesses for my taste.

    thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete