Sunday, 23 November 2014

Bretonnian crossbows & Otherworld stuff

I managed to push on with finishing the fifth Bretonnian crossbowman. This one has been sitting half finished on my desk for many weeks. Another victim of a moment of enthusiasm that quickly waned in the face of a heavy workload and a brief obsession with playing Assassins Creed IV. As such it proved to be a bit of a chore to paint when I finally made myself pick it up again. I've got more crossbowmen but for now I just want the five painted to go with my small unit of brigands. Maybe in the future I'll do some more but I'd rather do a few other bits and pieces to flesh out my brigands before that.


I've also photographed all the Otherworld stuff I was working on the other week. Most of these models have already been shown but a few haven't.

Giants... including two conversions.


And I never showed the back of this model. He's got a pair of pigs for dinner!


There's also the Ettin.


A pair of grizzlies for wilderness encounters.



Some spiders. Not exactly gigantic, but big enough all the same.


A drow sorceress


And of course the giant spider!

       

5 comments:

  1. Some outstanding work on display here. Especially like the colors/patterns on the smaller spiders. Very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect and inspiring, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous brushwork on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work! Is your new Xbowman holding a Foundry Xbow? Looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the Foundry xbows fit perfectly, in fact better than the original plastics which always looked like they were never really part of the model.

      Delete