Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Camera upgrade

For about 12 years now I've been using the same digital camera, a Nikon Coolpix 4300. It's probably been outdated for quite some time but it still does the job pretty well even though most modern cameras of its ilk are a third of the size and most mobile phones can take higher quality images. The biggest pisser with it is the battery life though which dies rather quickly even after replacing the damn thing. So I decided it was time to upgrade, and look what arrived yesterday.


I used to use a Pentax SLR camera many years ago but I wouldn't say I really understood how to use it. My photo's were always horribly hit and miss (mostly miss) and I could piss away several rolls of film before getting something I could use. Hopefully I'll get my head around this DSLR sometime soon (still waiting on the memory card turning up). I'm not sure if it'll improve my photo's but the 24 megapixels is a massive increase over the 4 megapixels I've been used to. To be honest though that's really just an added bonus as I primarily bought the camera for its HD video recording capabilities. That's right, I'm finally taking my first steps towards making videos! It's something I've wanted to do for a few years now and some people have said they'd like to see how I do stuff so it could be useful. I have no idea what I'm doing though as I'm usually at least 5 years behind everyone else when it comes to anything tech related so this might be a steep learning curve. For now I'm not making any promises except to say you won't see my face on camera, or anything else unless there's a way to monetize xHamster ;). Youtube here I come, albeit slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment