Sunday, 1 June 2014

Skaven

I think I mentioned previously that my next job was to paint up a little warband of Skaven, well here are the first two.


Bit of camera shake on one of those pics but as ever I'll be doing better photo's when everything is complete. These two just need the base edges painting and then they're done. The base tops were built by the client and I just 'coloured them in'. There are a dozen more of the ratty little buggers to do along with a few giant rats to scurry along beside them. 

8 comments:

  1. Excellent! Love the colour scheme :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They look amazing, and the bases are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful paintjobs and lovely classic models .

    I have a handful of old Skaven models kicking around somewhere. Not quite enough to put together a small force. But after seeing this I may put together a Mordheim warband from them.

    Thank you for the inspiration and great work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only own one lonely Skaven so I've got to be careful I don't get all obsessed and end up trawling Ebay for models. ;)

      Delete
  4. They're great! Very good paintjob on the clothes and skin.

    I like the bases too; very different from what's usually out there!

    This is making me think of going on eBay and spend more money on old Citadel models! :)

    Joao

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! The 80s-90s(? - I'm not 100% sure on the dates) Skaven are some of GW's best ever miniatures, in my opinion. I have about 20 or so myself as yet unpainted so I will look forward to seeing the rest of yours for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you on the 80's sculpts being the best. Like so many of the 80's models, these Skaven are very 'paintable'. GW's current crop of ratmen have lost all the charm they once had (though some of the warmachines are certainly impressive models).

      Delete
  6. Nice Mr. Stonecoldlead! Really like the bases!
    /Hans

    ReplyDelete