Sunday, 30 March 2014

Evil Adventurers

Another commission job. Models from various manufacturers and representing dark elves (drow) and dark priestesses. I had a free reign on the spell caster but decided to go with a colour scheme that was similar to the others. Nice change to do some real old school basing as well.


There's also another Judge Minty Frothers Charity miniature as part of the same commission. A slightly quicker paint job on this one.



And I've finished another Bretonnian foot knight for myself. This one will be the unit leader (fancy looking armour does that every time). The lion heraldry is a decal that I've over painted. I tried freehand but wasn't happy with the results and trying to reproduce the same image three times was just not going to happen. So, I cheated and printed out a few decals (printed with a black outline on clear paper) and painted them in with white. The image is a bit bright but I'll do more pics when the unit is complete.

3 comments:

  1. The dark elves are amazing!
    Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Bret leader is WONDERFUL! I'm going to have to look into this decal printing you keep employing...sounds like a good option for folks like me that SUCK at freehand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are not worthy....droolingly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete