Thursday, 12 December 2013

Blood Bowl Hobgoblins WIP

I've got a set of BB hobgob's on the go at the moment, 5 down (pretty much) and 3 to go. I plan on printing out some number decals to put on the shoulder pads to make them a little more sporty looking and help identify them should they ever be used in a game. Initially I wasn't too sure what colour scheme to go with except that the client wanted green skins. I wanted something that would contrast nicely with the skin colour and remembered seeing some rather nice BB Skaven painted in yellow and dark grey. I can't think who painted them but I think they did the rounds on the usual forums. I didn't want to overdo the colours though so I went with the yellow but muted it (and dirtied it up a little) and restricted it to the armour. Everything else I decided to keep neutral but light except for the hoods where I thought black would stand out well from all the lighter colours. 

4 comments:

  1. Perfect is a word that should be used with care but it's the only one that truly describes what I feel about those. The weathered armor and the smoothness of the blending is just brilliant. I would really like to see you paint to get some of your magic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers :)

      Hopefully at some point I'll do some video tutorials. I've just got a new PC so now all I need is a video camera, but I spent all my money on the PC. LOL Still, couldn't do much with the old laptop so replacing that was top of the priority list.

      Delete
  2. They looks stunning as usual! Who makes the figures? they are great matches for the 4th ed WFB Hobos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GW! Not sure what era though. Certainly post 80's.

      Delete