Saturday, 27 July 2013

Mayan chief and Colonel Cross


Again it's been a little while since my last update but I have been busy painting and prepping more models for the paint queue. I painted up a few rather nice models earlier in the week which I can't show just yet but once they're released (next month) I'll post pics. I do have a couple of pieces I can show though so it's not just a teaser.

First up is a Gringo 40's Mayan War Chief. I've never painted any of the Gringo 40's miniatures before but this one is certainly a very nice sculpt.


Next there's an ACW sculpt of Colonel Cross from the Fighting Fifth. I don't really know much about the subject matter or the man himself if I'm honest. Anyway, slightly quicker paint job on this one.


I'm still trying to crack on with my Bretonnians as my little 10 man unit of retainers is almost complete but a combination of unbearable working conditions during the heatwave (thankfully much cooler now and I've got a fan for my work room), trying to keep on top of the commissions and also being somewhat stumped by having to paint a banner have all worked against me. I might find some time this weekend to have another stab at getting that banner done. It's nothing fancy but I'm not happy with it so far and I don't want to just fudge it, especially as I've put so much effort into all the models.

Next week I'll be painting ponies... little ponies ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment