Thursday, 11 April 2013

A sweet haul...

In my experience it's not that common to pick up a job lot of models for a great price. Previously the best deal I ever got (before everyone went straight to Ebay and jacked up their prices) was back around 2002 when I forked out £100 for a big stash of models. After creaming off what I wanted and selling the remainder (there are some things I wish I hadn't sold in retrospect though) I must have got back triple what I'd paid! Anyway, not quite such a lavish payout this time but a surprising bargain for two lots of models.


The Balrog and Bloodletters were one lot and the rest was another. Now the Ebay photo wasn't that big so it was hard to make out what was in the pile but I I did notice about 8 of the old Regiments of Renown Avenging Knights of the Cleansing Flame. I remember seeing these in the Citadel catalogue back when I was a teen and they'd stuck in my head ever since (along with the Disciples of the Red Redemption). I've checked Ebay many times for these models over the years and never really seen any going for less than collectors prices which can get a bit expensive if you want multiples of the rank and file trooper. This box though proved to be a bit of a gold mine...


2 sets of command (minus the officer though) and 30 complete knights!!! Now I'll certainly pass on one set of command models and the damaged knights but it's going to be hard to decide whether or not to part with some of the other knights. Part of me thinks I have no need of that many rank and file but then I also look at them and can't help but say 'there's 30 of the fuckers... muwhahahahahahahahah... they're all mine'. 

2 comments:

  1. You think about letting some of them go?
    DON'T.

    Of course, you don't really need two commands, but hey, you never know when you'll need that 10 extra troopers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed a full set from a local store, only one broken piece, for about £2.00, looks like you hit jackpot here though, those command figures are insanely detailed!

    ReplyDelete